So, since I spoke (wrote?) to you about my sunshine award, it would appear that not one but Three more people have seen fit to nominate me for TWO awards: daRkjasm and Bibliojesso have BOTH nominated me for the Liebster Award, and Victoria has Nominated me for the ABC Award! I want to thank all three of them, and apologize once again for the lateness of my reply. I would try to explain, but it mostly has to do with a combination of my depression and some people who know me IRL telling me not to write about my depression, which is basically all I want to write about when I am depressed. I will explain better later, but I will not let it distract me from doing these award Posts!
It’s going to make the most sense to split it into two posts: I will take care of the Liebster Award First, and answer both daRkjasm and BiblioJesso’s questions. Then, Tomorrow I will tackle the ABC Award.
Well, Let’s Get Started!
There are rules associated with the Liebster award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog. Thanks again, daRkjasm and BiblioJesso! You Both rock!
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
The Questions I Had To Answer from daRkjasm:
1. What is your most favorite food?
Because they super tasty, easily customizable, and can even be a “balanced” meal.
3. What is your idea of “me time”?
Time in my room, either playing on my computer or watching TV and crocheting.
4. What comes to your mind when you hear or read “Indonesia”?
The color red and a mountain range were the first things to pop into my head for some reason. I honestly don’t know much about Indonesia, beyond the simple fact that it is a series of Islands somewhere near Thailand. Sorry about that.
5. What is your favorite color?
6. Which one is your favorite post in your blog? (a link please?)
I link it so often, it’s probably not a surprise that “Nobody is reading this” is my favorite post.
I rather enjoyed the gimmick of turning “Nobody” into my biggest fan, and will definitely have to write another letter to Nobody soon.
8. Which post is the hardest one to write? (another link?)
Actual factual posts, like “Whatever happened to context?” and “The day I discovered Mannerpunk” are hard for me. Anything involving research, especially. I don’t want to feed the internet trolls by getting something wrong.
9. What is the reason behind your chosen theme?
My theme is that I don’t have a theme, and the reason is that I am easily distracted by shiny objects, so picking one theme to write about would cause me to post even less than I do now.
10. What do you think about this award?
I think it’s cute; a fun way to get to know people and try to drum up support for new-ish bloggers.
The Questions From BiblioJesso:
1. What is the motivation behind your blog?
Mostly, to prove to myself that I exist, that I can write, and that maybe somebody out there actually cares about what I have to say. Also to write random poetry every so often.
2. Would you rather Blog or Vlog?
I have never Vlogged; honestly I am intimidated by the idea. Maybe someday I will work up to a Podcast, but I don’t know if I want to video myself talking, I’ll probably come across as a cross between Codex and that Leave Brittany Alone Guy.
3. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
I… Hadn’t thought about it, Honestly. If I can make it through next month, then we can talk about 5 years from now.
4. What blog do you follow consistently (your favorite blog)?
Hyperbole and a Half is probably my favorite blog in the history of ever.
5. What do you typically write about?
Lately, myself, though I like to think that I have varied interests.
6. What is your dream job?
Rock Star. Honestly, I would love to be able to sing for a living.
7. Why did you start a blog in the first place?
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
8. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite book thus far?
My favorite book is “The Little Prince,” By Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. The ending still makes me cry.
9. What is one of your hidden talents?
I am The Dictionary: people in my office come to me when they need to know how to spell a word.
10. What is your favorite beverage to have on hand while you’re writing?
Mostly a soda of some kind, or coffee. Something with sugar in it.
My Nominees, In No Particular Order:
- What is your favorite song?
- Do you remember the first thing you ever wrote? What was it?
- Which of these do you identify with: Autobot, Decepticon, or “What the heck are you talking about?”
- Likewise: Horde, Alliance, or “I don’t play your silly internet game”?
- What’s your lucky number? Is there a reason for that?
- Who is your favorite Muppet?
- Why did you start a blog: of all the things you could be doing with your time, why is writing stuff on the internet appealing?
- If you could snap your fingers and teleport instantly to anywhere, where would you go?
- Have you ever sorted your Skittles (Or M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces or colored circular candy of your choosing) by color and eaten them one color at a time?
- What question did you secretly hope I would ask? Did I ask it?
I hope you guys like it; and thanks again for reading, and for being awesome.